NHS Trust North London
West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust provides acute healthcare services to a core catchment population of approximately half a million people living in west Hertfordshire and in the surrounding area. The Trust also provides a range of more specialist services to a wider population, serving residents of North London, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and East Hertfordshire. Overall, the population served by the Trust is relatively affluent, but there are some areas of deprivation. As an employer of over 4,000 people the Trust is one of the biggest employers in the area and sees nearly a million patients each year.
Watford General Hospital:
Watford General Hospital is at the heart of the Trust's acute emergency services. It is the core location for inpatient emergency care, as well as for all patients who need the specialist emergency facilities (such as intensive care) of a major district general hospital. It also provides elective care for higher risk patients together with a full range of outpatient and diagnostic services. There are c.600 beds and 9 theatres, including 1 local theatre. Watford is also the focus of the Trust's Women's and Children's services including neo-natal care.
The Trust's maternity service is amongst the largest in south-east England with 6,000 deliveries per annum. A £750k investment in Maternity services has delivered an increase in capacity, with a new six bedded transitional care unit for mothers and babies, three extra delivery beds, two antenatal beds and four additional triage beds.
Hemel Hempstead Hospital (HHH):
Hemel Hempstead Hospital has a 24/7 urgent care centre. It also offers other local healthcare facilities such as diagnostic services, including MRI and cold pathology, and an outpatient service that sees in excess of 100,000 out patients per year. In addition, it provides 12 Stroke Rehabilitation beds. Hertfordshire Community Trust also operates intermediate care beds on site.
St Albans City Hospital (SACH):
St Albans City Hospital is the Trust's elective care centre. It provides a wide range of elective care (both inpatient low risk surgery and day-case) and a wide range of outpatient and diagnostic services with an excess of 70,000 outpatient appointments. It has 40 beds and 6 theatres, including 1 procedure room for ophthalmology, and a Minor Injuries Unit (MIU). The hospital is open every day of the week from 9am - 8pm.
Source: Trust web pages
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Emergency ER ( A&E)
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Coronary Care Unit CCU
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medical and Specialist Medical Wards
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Ophthalmology Clinic
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgery and Orthopaedics
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Paediatric Emergency
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Elderly Care
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medicine/Chemotherapy
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Admission Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Stoke Unit/ Rehabilitation Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Rheumatology
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Stroke Medical Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 ITU / Intensive Care Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Day Surgery Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Staff Nurse Band 5 Cardiac Cath Lab
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Endoscopy
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 General Theatre/ Operating Rooms - Multiple vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Midwife Band 5 London Multiple Vacancies for EU trained Midwives
- UNITED KINGDOM New Graduate and Experienced Midwives - London - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Opthalmology - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Outpatients Department - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Midwife Band 6 London - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Gynaecology-Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Paediatrics General Ward - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 General Surgery - Multiple posts in General Surgery, Vascular,Colorectal, Breast, Upper GI
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgical Urology Ward - Multiple Vacancies