Each of WHHT's hospitals are located close enough to enjoy the benefits of London whilst avoiding the inflated living costs.
There are excellent roal and rail connections to London as well as many of the UK's other big cities. Central London can be reached within about an hour from all three hospitals by train.
Hertfordshire offers a wide range of options for living. You can choose, as many of our staff do, to live on London's nearby northern fringes. Others prefer to live in one of the larger towns in the area, which offer the convenience of urban living, at a lower price than London.
Alternatively, you may prefer to take advantage of the
peace and quiet in the lovely rural villages of this famously leafy
county. Areas such as Kings Langley, Tring and Wheathampstead may offer just what you're looking for.
Whether you're looking to buy or rent, there's a town or country property out there that suits you - and those who come with you!
For some nurses, the best option is to rent one of the apartments owned by the hospital. They currently have 50 apartments that cost approximately £500 per month. Your recruiter can advise you on availability if you are interested in this option.
How do I get to work?
This part of the country enjoys extremely good local transport links, so getting to work shouldn't be a worry. You will easily learn the local bus routes and timetables to get you where you need to be!
There are five main lines into London from Watford alone - you can be in the heart of the city in around an hour! Watford even has a London underground station, with another to come.
The county is well
positioned on mainline tracks to the Midlands, north-west and Scotland, so if you're interested in taking some longer, scenic train trips, this could be the perfect base for you.
M1 and M25 motorways pass close by the hospitals, as do the A1 and A41.
There are discounted car parking facilities for staff at all three
sites and a salary sacrifice scheme, so you can buy a car more
Schools and Colleges
Hertfordshire is well-known for its excellent schools - some of the highest performing schools in the country are in the county and the surrounding area. We have put together the list below to help you get started.
For further education options, West Herts College has a brand new campus, near the centre of Watford. For those looking for University level education, The University of Hertfordshire is situated in the town of Hatfield, which is located in the centre of the county. It was recently deemed the 52nd best university in the world by Times Higher Education.
Nightlife, Shopping and Leisure
There is plenty to see and do in Hertfordshire, no matter your tastes.
- Active and outdoors - Great tracks for cycling, walking, running as well as water sports. There are award-winning parks, woods and rivers nearby, as well as zoos, wildlife parks and open farms
- Culture - this area has a number of museums as well as stately homes that are open to the public.
- Shopping - There are excellent high street shopping facilites as well as indpendent boutiques and markets. Each hospital is located in a town with its own shopping centre with Watford's 'Intu' being the best-known. Within the county you will also find Hatfield's Galleria and Brent Cross Shopping Centre.
- Restaurants/Cafes - Locally, you will find excellent restaurants and cafes. No matter your budget, you'll find something to suit you.
- Nightlife - The area is home to plenty of pubs as well as great clubs
- Sports - those of you who follow football will be aware that Watford F.C. is now a Premier League football club.
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 - Coronary Care Unit (CCU)
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 General Surgery - Multiple posts in General Surgery, Vascular,Colorectal, Breast, Upper GI
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Admission Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Stoke Unit/ Rehabilitation Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM EU nurses - New graduate and experienced nurses- general and specialist areas
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Emergency ER ( A&E)
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgery and Orthopaedics
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Stroke Medical Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Day Surgery Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medical and Specialist Medical Wards
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medicine/Chemotherapy
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Elderly Care
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 ITU / Intensive Care Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgical Urology Ward - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Rheumatology
- Non EU Nurses- Nursing job in The UK/ London