o We will contact you to discuss your experience and advise which vacancies you can apply to.
o We will arrange to call you to do an initial assessment of your English language skills and in turn ask you to take a MOCK IELTS exam.
o To be eligible to register / license as a nurse in the UK you need to pass an accepted English language test
The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC, the nursing registration authority) currently accepts two language tests as evidence of your ability to communicate effectively in English: The International English Language Test System (IELTS) and the Occupational English Test (OET). The IELTS and the OET are used across the world. They are often chosen to test the language competency of healthcare professionals in the UK.
International English Language Test System (IELTS)
If you have completed an IELTS examination, you must provide an IELTS certificate that confirms: at least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections, at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections, and at least 7.0 overall.
Occupational English Test (OET)
If you have completed an OET examination, you must provide a certificate that confirms: at least a B grade in listening and reading, and at least a B grade in writing and speaking. NMC will only accept results from OET tests taken from February 2016 onwards.
Combining tests / Clubbing
You can achieve the required mark across two test sittings if: you sit the tests within six months of each other, and you are tested in all four skills at the same time, and if you take an IELTS test, all scores in both settings are above 6.5 and you achieve 7.0 or higher in all four fields when the results of both sittings are viewed together, or if you take the OET, all grades in both sittings are above Grade C+ and you achieve Grade B or higher in all four fields when the results of both sittings are viewed together. Test scores are valid for two years.
If we assess your English language skills are good enough to pass the IELTS exam we will organise to administer a Mock IELTS Test either in person or by SKYPE.
The test takes three hours.
The results are corrected, and we evaluate if we feel you could pass the real IELTS exam with 8 weeks training. If so then we will pay for your training / review. Once you are ready to take the exam we will book and pay for the exam after consulting with you.
What happens once I pass the IELTS exam?
If you have passed the IELTS, you will be interviewed by the hospital via SKYPE or during a recruitment trip.
Once you have been interviewed and if successful, you will receive a conditional offer of employment. We will then complete the post-interview logistics, i.e., reference checks, obtaining police clearances and qualification verifications etc, as well as NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) registration which will be ongoing from once you pass UKVI IELTS. You will have a personal contact person post offer untill the hospital onboarding team take over.
You must take the CBT Exam for NMC
Once you have passed the CBT exam your NMC application will be assessed within a few months.
Once all the post-offer checks are completed, and you receive the NMC's Decision Letter, West Herts NHS Trust will allocate you a Certificate Of Sponsorship from the UK Home Office, so that you can apply for your visa.
Sounds like a lot of paperwork! Don't worry we advise you in each step of the process. We have partner agencies in India and The Philippines who will also be assisting you. Our partner agencies do not charge you any placement fees.
Once your visa is issued, we will then assist you with accommodation and planning your flights and moving to London.
We provide a meet and greet service and settle you into the locality.
The hospital onboarding team will then take over!
- UNITED KINGDOM Calling Filipino & Indian nurses- London NHS Trust. Free IELTS training Campaign
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medical and Specialist Medical Wards
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgery and Orthopaedics
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Admission Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medicine/Chemotherapy
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Elderly Care
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Rheumatology
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Stoke Unit/ Rehabilitation Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Stroke Medical Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 ITU / Intensive Care Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Day Surgery Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Coronary Care Unit CCU
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 General Surgery - Multiple posts in General Surgery, Vascular,Colorectal, Breast, Upper GI
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Emergency ER ( A&E)
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgical Urology Ward - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM New Graduate and Experienced Midwives - London - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Gynaecology-Multiple Vacancies