I want to work in the UK-what does this involve?
Initial assessment and pre-screening interview
On initial contact, we will review a number of things:
- Skills and experience (to assess which jobs you are eligible to apply for)
- Eligibility to apply for registration with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council)
- English language skills (to ensure that you are able to meet the minimum requirements for work in the UK
English Language Proficiency
The NMC currently accepts two language tests as evidence of your ability to communicate effectively in English.
- International English Language
Test System (IELTS)
- Occupational English Test (OET).
Most likely, we will ask you to complete a mock IELTS exam. This takes about 3 hours and allows us to assess if you have a realistic chance of passing the exam within 8 weeks. If so, training will be arranged for you and your exam will be booked once you are ready.
International English Language Test System (IELTS)
If you have completed an IELTS examination, you must provide an IELTS certificate that confirms: at least 7.0 in the listening and reading sections, at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections, and at least 7.0 overall.
Occupational English Test (OET)
If you have completed an OET examination, you must provide a certificate that confirms: at least a B grade in listening and reading, and at least a B grade in writing and speaking. NMC will only accept results from OET tests taken from February 2016 onwards.
can achieve the required mark across two test sittings if:
- you sit the tests within six months of each other
- you are tested in all four skills at the same time
- you achieve 7.0 or higher in all four fields -across 2 tests- with no individual result being lower than 6.5 (IELTS)
- you achieve grade B or higher in all four fields -across 2 tests- with no individual result being lower than C+ (OET)
Applying to the NMC is a straightforward process. Be prepared for some document translation and notarisation. Whilst the application is not complicated, the queue for assessment is long, so it is very important to submit it correctly first time. Work closely with your recruiter to ensure your application goes smoothly!
Once you have passed IELTS/OET, you will be interviewed by the hospital via Skype or during a recruitment trip.
Following a successful interview, you will receive a conditional offer of employment. At this stage, you will be assigned a dedicated contact person who will proceed with all necessary background checks - this includes:
- Reference checking
- Police clearances
- Verification of qualifications
CBT (Computer Based Test)
We will help you prepare for the NHS Computer Based Test and once you have passed it, your NMC application can be assessed.
You are allocated a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) once the NMC has issued its decision letter and we have completed all recruitment checks. The COS allows you to apply for your visa. Your recruiter will guide you through this process.
Travelling to the UK
Once your visa is issued, we will assist you in finding accommodation and planning your journey to the UK. We also arrange a 'Meet and Greet' service to help you settle into your new home.
We know this seems like a long and complicated process! Don't worry - our experienced recruiters will guide you through each stage. In addition to our own expertise, we have partner agencies in some countries to assist our nurses locally. Our partner agencies do not charge you any placement fees.
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgical Urology Ward - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Emergency ER ( A&E)
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 General Surgery - Multiple posts in General Surgery, Vascular,Colorectal, Breast, Upper GI
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Coronary Care Unit CCU
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 ITU / Intensive Care Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Stroke Medical Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Day Surgery Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Stoke Unit/ Rehabilitation Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Rheumatology
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Elderly Care
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medicine/Chemotherapy
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Admission Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medical and Specialist Medical Wards
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgery and Orthopaedics