'Passionate about providing the best care for our patients'
WHHT's mortality rates are among the lowest in the country. They are the only Trust in England to offer enhanced recovery for spinal patients.
In 2014, WHHT was awarded the NHS Employers' Compassion in Practice Award.
The Trust has a talented and committed team and each month, a member of staff is recognised with the 'Celebrating Excellence' award for going the extra mile in their role.
As an employee of WHHT, you will have access to excellent career opportunities, a great range of benefits as well as fantastic opportunities for training and development - from a unique leadership programme to funding and support for university courses.
Hertfordshire is a great place to live. Our hospitals are on the doorstep of London, with excellent schools, award-winning parks, and great recreational facilities - all surrounded by beautiful countryside.
Onion - a unique approach to supporting the team
Within the Trust, 'onion' is a sytem designed to support doctors, nurses and other staff to continuously improve care. At onion meetings, the question is asked:
'What can we do today to make a difference to our patients tomorrow?'
The opportunity to openly discuss issues and concerns has developed an honest culture which has resulted in hundreds of positive changes for patients. This was acknowledged when the system was 'highly commended' in the patient safety category at the HSJ Awards in December 2014.
Investing in technology and facilities
The Trust is investing £25.5 million into upgrading the ICT (Information, Communication and Technology) systems to include new devices, such as tablets and smart phones, for staff.
Significant work to modernise and refurbish the hospitals is also underway. In 2014, they invested more than £32 million in upgrading our buildings and facilities.
They were the first hospital in Europe to treat patients with Puritan Bennett 980 ventilators, a new type of ventilator that helps patients to breathe more naturally and recover more quickly.
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgical Urology Ward - Multiple Vacancies
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Emergency ER ( A&E)
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 General Surgery - Multiple posts in General Surgery, Vascular,Colorectal, Breast, Upper GI
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Coronary Care Unit CCU
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 ITU / Intensive Care Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Stroke Medical Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Day Surgery Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Stoke Unit/ Rehabilitation Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Rheumatology
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Elderly Care
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medicine/Chemotherapy
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Admission Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medical and Specialist Medical Wards
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgery and Orthopaedics