I want to Nurse in the UK-what does this involve?
Initial assessment and pre-screening interview
On initial contact, we will review a number of things:
- Skills and experience (to assess which jobs you are eligible to apply for)
- Eligibility to apply for registration with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council)
- English language skills (to ensure that you are able to meet the minimum requirements for work in the UK)
- Nursing Experience required
- Practiced as a nurse for a minimum of 6 months
- Currently employed or has been employed in the last 18 months
- Currently registered as a nurse in your native country
English Language Proficiency
The NMC currently accepts two language tests as evidence of your ability to communicate effectively in English.
- International English Language
Test System (IELTS)
- Occupational English Test (OET).
International English Language Test System (IELTS)
If you have completed an IELTS examination, you must provide an IELTS certificate that confirms: an overall score of at least 7 at least 6.5 in the writing section and at least 7 in the reading, listening and speaking sections.
If you have completed an OET examination, you must provide a certificate that confirms: at least a B grade in listening reading and speaking and at least C+ in writing.
can achieve the required mark across two test sittings if:
- you sit the tests within six months of each other
- you are tested in all four skills at the same time
- you achieve 7.0 or higher in all four fields -across 2 tests- with no individual result being lower than 6.5 (IELTS)
- you achieve grade B or higher in all four fields -across 2 tests- with no individual result being lower than C+ (OET)
- From early 2023, this will change. You must still achieve the required test scores for each domain. But to combine test scores, you'll need to get no less than 0.5 (IELTS) or half a grade (OET) below the required score for every domain. This means you'll be able to combine your scores as long as you achieve 6 (IELTS) or C / 250 or above (OET) in writing, and 6.5 (IELTS) or C+ / 300 or above (OET) in the other three domains. We call this the minimum score - it makes sure you don't score too far below the required mark in any test sitting.
Applying to the NMC is a straightforward process. Whilst the application is not complicated, however, it is very important to submit it correctly the first time. Work closely with your recruiter to ensure your application goes smoothly!
Once you have passed IELTS/OET, you will be interviewed by the hospital via video interview (ZOOM or TEAMS) or during recruitment trip interviews.
Following a successful interview, you will receive a conditional offer of employment. At this stage, you will be assigned a dedicated contact person at Profco who will proceed with all necessary background checks - this includes:
- Reference checking
- Police clearances
- Verification of qualifications
CBT (Computer Based Test)
We will help you prepare for the NMC Computer-Based Test.
You will be allocated a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) once the NMC application is complete and once we have completed all recruitment checks. The COS allows you to apply for your visa. Your recruiter will guide you through the visa process.
Travelling to the UK
Once your visa is issued, Profco will assist you in finding accommodation and planning your journey to the UK. We also arrange a 'Meet and Greet' service to help you settle into your new home.
We know this seems like a long and complicated process! Don't worry - our experienced recruiters will guide you through each stage. In addition to our own expertise, we have partner agencies in some countries to assist our nurses locally. We or our partner agencies do not charge you any placement fees.
#overseasnursingjobs #nurseabroad #NMC #NHS #OET #IELTS #UKNursignjobs #nursingintheuk #watford #Westherts
- UNITED KINGDOM Overseas Nurses (OET/ IELTS Passers) for Emergency ED Band 5 Roles at double award winning Trust
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 General Surgery - Multiple posts in General Surgery, Vascular,Colorectal, Breast, Upper GI
- UNITED KINGDOM Overseas Nurses (OET/ IELTS Passers) RN Medical Units - Paid for years of experience. Interviews every Thursday vi
- UNITED KINGDOM UK WATFORD-Overseas Nurses (OET/ IELTS Passers). Paid for years of experience. Double win for West Herts Teaching H
- UNITED KINGDOM Overseas Nurses (OET/ IELTS Passers) for RN Surgical/Urology - Paid for years of experience. Interviews every Thurs
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Nurse Haematology and Chemotherapy Service
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Nurse Clinical Decisions Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Overseas Midwife for Band 5 Midwife post in the UK (OET/IELTS passed)
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Overseas RN Acute Admission Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Overseas RN Acute Stoke Unit/ Rehabilitation Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Overseas Nurses (OET/ IELTS Passers) RN Elderly Care- Paid for years of experience. Interviews every Thursday via
- UNITED KINGDOM IELTS / OET passed Band 5 ITU / Intensive Care Unit