Living in Riyadh
Riyadh in a nutshell
the capital of Saudi Arabia, and the largest city. Here more than anywhere else, you will see Arabic tradition meet Western culture.
With a population of 5.3 million, Riyadh is comparable to any metropolitan city in the world with tall skyscrapers and modern architecture.
In Riyadh, you will live in a compound that has everything you need - from a furnished apartment to pool areas, shops and gyms. You will also have free transport to and from work as well as scheduled trips to the malls and other popular places in town.
We have two client hospitals in Riyadh; King Faisal Special Hospital and Research Center and the Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs Hospital. Both are large, modern hospitals that offer nurses great experiences with a variety of cases.
Travelling from Riyadh
Within Saudi Arabia, there are plenty of interesting places to visit. For example, you will likely want to visit Jeddah at some point, which is about 800 km away. Driving is not unheard of however, you can fly to Jeddah affordably. There is also a planned rail connection, due to complete in 2019.
With 54 days of annual leave and a tax-free salary, you will have plenty of opportunity to travel. There are plenty of exciting destinations nearby that may have previously been out of reach. You can travel easily to the UAE, Sri Lanka, India and the Far East, to name a few.
Things to do
Of course, shopping is a popular pastime in Riyadh. You will have easy access to the many malls in the area and a tax-free salary to spend.
Don't worry - there is so much more to Riyadh than shopping! You will have access to desert safari experiences, quad biking, hiking or camping in the desert under the stars. Concerts, international sports fixtures, Riyadh Boulevard;
There are plenty of amateur hobby groups to join - for example, if photography is your thing, you really can't ask for more beautiful landscapes than the untouched Saudi Arabian desert.
For the sports enthusiasts, each compound has its own gym and Riyadh is home to many sports facilities, such as tennis courts, football fields, basketball courts, golf courses and more. If you enjoy water sports, there are plenty of organised courses and opportunities to hone your skills. If you are more of a spectator, you can watch local teams play.
History fans won't be short of things to see here. A must-visit is the King Abdulaziz Historical Center, which offers an insight into the development of the Kingdom over thousands of years. There are several museums in Riyadh including the National Museum of Saudi Arabia and the Saqr Al Jazeera museum.
You shouldn't miss the Al Faisaliyah Kingdom Center - a 44 floor haven including a 5-star hotel, a shopping mall and exclusive restaurants offering breathtaking views of the city.
if you think that living in Riyadh means missing out on partying, you would be wrong! The Diplomatic Quarter is home to Embassies where regular parties and events are arranged. It's also easy to visit friends on other compounds.
For animal lovers, Riyadh is home to an impressive zoo, housing 40 different species from around the world.Also, Riyadh Zoo is a place worth visiting. Another popular event in Riyadh is camel racing - a tradition dating back hundreds of years.
Riyadh is home to dozens of huge malls so there are plenty of opportunities to shop. Malls range from high-end to high street so you'll find something to suit your style and budget. View Riyadh shopping malls.
If you're looking for a change from the standard mall experience, there are Souks (traditional markets) where you will find more unique items at negotiable prices.
Restaurants are plentiful and range from fine dining to popular fast food restaurants. You will likely find that eating out in Riyadh and Saudi Arabia in general is cheaper than what you are used to at home.
You will also find that there is a delivery option in almost every restaurant so ordering food is a popular habit. If you're not a fan of cooking, you'll love it here!
- SAUDI ARABIA Midwife - Labour and Delivery - Dhahran, For female applicant
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Surgical Intensive Care Unit - Dhahran
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Adult Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - Dhahran
- SAUDI ARABIA Charge Nurse - Operating Room - Dhahran
- SAUDI ARABIA Charge Nurse - Cardiac Operating Room - Dhahran
- SAUDI ARABIA Charge Nurse - Male Medical - Dhahran
- SAUDI ARABIA Nursing Quality Supervisor - Nursing Administration in Dhahran
- SAUDI ARABIA Charge Nurse - Female Surgical - Dhahran
- SAUDI ARABIA Charge Nurse - Male Surgical - Dhahran
- SAUDI ARABIA Assistant Director of Nursing for Maternal and Child, For Female applicant only
- SAUDI ARABIA Nurse Manager - Labour and Delivery - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Emergency Room
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Adult Hematology/BMT
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Operating Room
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - VIP Side Rooms - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatric Oncology - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Medical Cardiac ICU (MCICU) - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU)
- SAUDI ARABIA Clinical Specialist - Operating Room
- SAUDI ARABIA Nursing Quality Improvement Coordinator - Nursing Practice Quality and Research
- SAUDI ARABIA Nurse Clinician - Cardiac Catheterization-Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Head Nurse - Medical Ward
- SAUDI ARABIA Head Nurse - Operating Room - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Telemetry (CVT)
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - VIP Unit - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Operating Room - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatric Oncology - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Oncology Treatment Area/Chemo infusion suite - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Adult Oncology
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Emergency Department - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Female Nurse for Saudi Royal Clinics
- UNITED KINGDOM Overseas Nurses- Nursing job in The UK at the hospital named the best employer in September 2019!
- SAUDI ARABIA LOCUM_ Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Telemetry (CVT) Adult and paeds
- SAUDI ARABIA LOCUM 90_day Contract RN_Operating Room
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum 90 day contract - VIP Unit (med/surg)
- SAUDI ARABIA LOCUM 90-day contract 24 Hours Admission Unit for ICU nurses
- SAUDI ARABIA LOCUM 90 Day Assignment in Jeddah for Emergency, Cardiac. Oncology and Med/Surg
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatrics - Dammam
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatrics
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatric Cardiac Step Down Unit
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Paediatric Medical Surgical (7F), Children's Hospital
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatric Day Surgery
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatric Cardiology Non-Invasive Echo Lab
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - General Paediatrics (Ward 52)
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse Paediatric - Endoscopy Unit New ,Children's Hospital in Riyadh
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Paediatric Medical Surgical (Nephro & Med Peds),Children's Hospital
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Paediatric Oncology High Dependency Unit, Children's Hospital