You will need to obtain a license to practice in Saudi Arabia from The Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS - this is the body which governs the practice of all healthcare practitioners in Saudi Arabia).
There are three main steps
a) Dataflow (verification of your qualifications/home license)
b) Mumaris Plus - Saudi Commission for Health Specialties application portal. Your classification depends on your nurse education. Nurse Technician (Diploma nurses)- SR 600 Nurse Specialist (Degree nurses)- SR 1100
c) Prometric exam
d) Finalising your registration upon arrival in Saudi Arabia.
What you need to know about the Prometric exam
Most applicants ask us what to expect from the exam. We will provide you with some general guidance and training materials during your process with us so you shouldn't worry too much. The pass mark is quite low - about 50%. Generally speaking, our applicants don't struggle to pass this test. Our own screening procedure is thorough and we will normally have a good idea of your ability to pass long before you make any arrangements to take the exam.
The Prometric exam is a general exam for your job role. Once your licensing application is underway, you will be provided with a code to book a slot for the exam. There are various test centres to choose from and likely there is one local to you, but do be prepared for a small amount of travel if you don't live in/near a large city.
You will pay for the Prometric exam yourself. The cost can is 239 $USD
How much will the licensing application cost me?
There may be some slight variations depending on your individual case, but a personalised estimate will be provided to you at the beginning of your recruitment process.
Dataflow costs 850SAR for the three basic 3 documents that need to be verified (1 x employment certificate, 1 x education certificate an, 1 x license). Any extra documents such as additional employment certificate cost 300SAR each.
Classification request via Mumaris Plus - Admin fee 200SAR plus Service fee 900SAR (for Nurse Technicians the service fee is 400SAR)
Prometric Exam - The cost can vary slightly depending on the test centre, but be prepared to pay about 239USD
Registration fees - 240SAR for Nurse Specialists, 160SAR for Nurse Technicians. Your Saudi license is valid for 2 years.
What else do I need to know?
You must maintain your nursing license in your home country whilst working in Saudi Arabia. This is a requirement of our client hospitals.
- SAUDI ARABIA Nurse Manager - Obstetrical
- SAUDI ARABIA Nursing Supervisor - Neonatal
- SAUDI ARABIA Nursing Supervisor - Labour and Delivery
- SAUDI ARABIA Director Clinical Nursing - Surgical
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Pediatric/ Paediatric ICU (PICU)
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - High risk Antenatal and Obstetrics. Interviews week commencing Jan 30th
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - Level III
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Midwife - Post Partum
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Midwife Labour & Delivery
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Gynaecology
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Radiation Oncology Ward 60
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse- General Paediatrics Ward 51
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse- Paediatric High Dependency, Children's Hospital.
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Paediatric Day Surgery Unit
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse Adult and Paediatric - Operating Room
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Adult Organ transplant
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Clinical Trials Nurse
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Adult Intensive Care Unit (ICU 2) - Riyadh
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Paediatrics Hematology
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Hepatology
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Palliative Care
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Adult Stem Cell Transplant Unit (W 44)
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Paediatric Resuscitation Unit
- SAUDI ARABIA Director Clinical Nursing - Labor & Delivery