Each of WHHT's hospitals are located close enough to enjoy the benefits of London whilst avoiding the inflated living costs.
There are excellent road and rail connections to London as well as many of the UK's other big cities. Central London can be reached within about an hour from all three hospitals by train.
Hertfordshire offers a wide range of options for living. We have accommodation close to the hospital at GBP 550 per month you can walk to work, so you will save on transport costs. WIFI, utility bills and council tax is included in this price.
For some nurses, the best option is to rent one of the apartments owned by the hospital. They currently have 50 apartments that cost approximately Â£500 per month. Your recruiter can advise you on availability if you are interested in this option.
How do I get to work?
This part of the country enjoys extremely good local transport links, so getting to work shouldn't be a worry. You will easily learn the local bus routes and timetables to get you where you need to be!
There are five main lines into London from Watford alone - you can be in the heart of the city in around an hour! Watford even has a London underground station, with another to come.
The county is well
positioned on mainline tracks to the Midlands, north-west and Scotland, so if you're interested in taking some longer, scenic train trips, this could be the perfect base for you.
M1 and M25 motorways pass close by the hospitals, as do the A1 and A41.
There are discounted car parking facilities for staff at all three
sites and a salary sacrifice scheme, so you can buy a car more
Schools and Colleges
Hertfordshire is well-known for its excellent schools - some of the highest performing schools in the country are in the county and the surrounding area. We have put together the list below to help you get started.
Nightlife, Shopping and Leisure
There is plenty to see and do in Hertfordshire, no matter your tastes.
- Active and outdoors - Great tracks for cycling, walking, running as well as water sports. There are award-winning parks, woods and rivers nearby, as well as zoos, wildlife parks and open farms
- Culture - this area has a number of museums as well as stately homes that are open to the public.
- Shopping - There are excellent high-street shopping facilities as well as independent boutiques and markets. Each hospital is located in a town with its own shopping centre with Watford's 'Intu' being the best-known. Within the county, you will also find Hatfield's Galleria and Brent Cross Shopping Centre.
- Restaurants/Cafes - Locally, you will find excellent restaurants and cafes. No matter your budget, you'll find something to suit you.
- Nightlife - The area is home to plenty of pubs as well as great clubs
- Sports - those of you who follow football will be aware that Watford F.C. is now a Premier League football club
- #overseasnursingjobs #nurseabroad #NMC #NHS #OET #IELTS #UKNursignjobs #nursingintheuk #watford #Westherts .