'Passionate about providing the best care for our patients'
West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (WHHT) won the coveted Nursing Times 'Best UK Employer of the Year' award in 2019.
WHHT's mortality rates are among the lowest in the country.
The Trust has a talented and committed team and each month, a member of staff is recognised with the 'Celebrating Excellence' award for going the extra mile in their role.
As an employee of WHHT, you will have access to excellent career opportunities, a great range of benefits as well as fantastic opportunities for training and development - from a unique leadership programme to funding and support for university courses.
Hertfordshire is a great place to live. Our hospitals are on the doorstep of London, with excellent schools, award-winning parks, and great recreational facilities - all surrounded by beautiful countryside.
Onion - a unique approach to supporting the team
Within the Trust, 'onion' is a system designed to support doctors, nurses and other staff to continuously improve care. At onion meetings, the question is asked: 'What can we do today to make a difference to our patients tomorrow?'The opportunity to openly discuss issues and concerns has developed an honest culture which has resulted in hundreds of positive changes for patients.
Investing in technology and facilities
West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (WHHT) and Herts Valleys CCG welcomed a visit from prime minister Boris Johnson at Watford General Hospital on Monday 7 October, 2019 The visit confirmed that the trust would receive £400m from the government's capital funding to help redevelop its buildings and facilities.
Patients and staff can now look forward to receiving and providing care in modern surroundings and will be able to see a real improvement for patient care. source
- Overseas Nurses- Nursing job in London at the hospital named the best employer in September 2019!
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgical Urology Ward.
- UNITED KINGDOM EU nurses - New graduate and experienced nurses- general and specialist areas
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Rheumatology
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Elderly Care
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 ITU / Intensive Care Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medicine/Chemotherapy
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Medical and Specialist Medical Wards
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Day Surgery Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Stroke Medical Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Surgery and Orthopaedics
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Emergency ER ( A&E)
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Stoke Unit/ Rehabilitation Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 Acute Admission Unit
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 General Surgery - Multiple posts in General Surgery, Vascular,Colorectal, Breast, Upper GI
- UNITED KINGDOM Band 5 - Coronary Care Unit (CCU)