SLHD offers maternity services at Canterbury, Concord and RPA hospitals. Over 5500 women birth to SLHD each year. In SLHD, we are committed to providing woman/family-centred care, ensuring optimal health outcomes and positive birth experiences for families who choose to birth in our district.
The maternity unit at Canterbury Hospital is
a diverse and dynamic unit providing care to women with low - moderate-risk pregnancies. Canterbury maternity care encompasses an Antenatal Clinic, Birthing Unit, Antenatal/ Postnatal Ward, Special Care Nursery, Midwifery @ Home service, as well as thriving continuity of midwifery care models (incorporating Midwifery Group Practice (MGP) and the Canterbury Antenatal and Postnatal Service (CAPS)).
RPA Women and Babies
is a level 6 tertiary referral hospital for all women, including those with high-risk pregnancies. RPA provides care to women within SLHD as well as mothers and babies across NSW who require complex obstetric care. RPA Women and Babies encompasses the Antenatal Clinic, Early Pregnancy Assessment Service (EPAS), Delivery Ward, Birth Centre, Antenatal and Postnatal Wards, Midwifery @ Home service, and Maternal-Fetal Medicine Unit. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has two MGPs, a Midwifery Antenatal and Postnatal Service (MAPS), and a midwifery team model provided through the RPA Birth Centre.
Concord Repatriation General Hospital
(CRGH) has an MGP clinic, providing more local options of care for women in the Concord catchment. Women within this clinic give birth at either RPA or Canterbury Hospital. SLHD has an ongoing focus on the expansion of continuity of care for pregnant women. We acknowledge the high-quality evidence that women who receive care by known midwives are more likely to have a positive experience and improved clinical outcomes. In addition to this, there is increased job satisfaction for the midwives working in continuity models of care, as they are supported to work to their full scope of practice.
SLHD is also committed to the ongoing education, skills, and professional development of midwives through a broad range of training offered through the district's Centre for Education and Workforce Development.
How much will I be paid?
Your salary depends on how many years of post-graduate clinical experience you have. This increases each year up to the eighth year of experience for registered nurses and midwives. If you progress into different roles, there are different pay rates that correlate with the grading of the role. Visit Public Health System Nurses' and Midwives' (State) Award for more information.
How often will I get paid?
The NSW Health nursing and midwifery pay cycle is every two weeks.
How much annual leave will I get?
That depends on the type of employment that you take (eg rotating roster vs Monday-Friday), Annual leave is determined by the Public Health System Nurses' and Midwives' (State) Award. You will get:
o Monday - Friday business hours full time: 4 weeks annual leave
o Working a full-time rotating roster: 6 weeks of annual leave
Do you have any accommodation available for when I get there?
Yes, SLHD has short-term accommodation options available for singles and families.
Nursing and Midwifery Board - AHPRA
How do I apply?
Send your CV to email@example.com
whatsAPP + 44 7393535590
- SAUDI ARABIA Nurse Manager - Obstetrical
- SAUDI ARABIA Nursing Supervisor - Neonatal
- SAUDI ARABIA Nursing Supervisor - Labour and Delivery
- SAUDI ARABIA Director Clinical Nursing - Surgical
- Registered Nurse Chemotherapy
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Palliative Care
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Anaesthetics for nurse with critical care experience
- AUSTRALIA Anaesthetic nurse vacancies for nurses with critical care experience
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Anaesthetics for nurses with critical care experience
- AUSTRALIA Rehabilitation Geriatric Nurse
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Chemo/ Haematology Ward Nurse
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Theatre Scrub/Scout Cardiac/Neuro/ Ortho
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Neurosurgical/ Cardiothoracic Ward Nurse
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Neonatal ICU
- AUSTRALIA Registered midwives for antenatal/birthing/postnatal/gynae unit
- AUSTRALIA Midwives
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Mental Health
- SAUDI ARABIA LOCUM Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical ICU
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurses Aged Care 72 locations across Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria, Tasmania and Sou
- UNITED KINGDOM OET/IELTS Anesthetic or ICU nurse for ANAESTHETIC NURSING COURSE and ROLE vacancies Interview dates every Wednes
- UNITED KINGDOM Overseas OET/IELTS passed nurses Theatre/Operating Room Scrub.
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurses Mental Health
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Geriatric Rehabilitation
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Chemotherapy/Oncology
- AUSTRALIA Registered Midwives
- AUSTRALIA Registered Nurse Oncology
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Medical Unit (5 North)- Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse Surgical Unit
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - VIP Unit
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Adult Oncology
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Operating Room - Jeddah
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Transplant Kidney
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Radiology
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Transplant Lung
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Recovery/ Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- SAUDI ARABIA Registered Nurse - Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU), (Locum/perm)
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Cardiac Surgery ICU
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical ICU
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Solid Organ Transplant
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - VIP Medical/Surgical
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - ICU/ITU
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Chemo Suite/ Infusion Center
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Theatre/Operating Room
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Transplant
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Renal Transplant
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Paediatric Stem Cell Transplant
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Transplant Pancreatic
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Transplant - Liver ICU
- SAUDI ARABIA Locum Registered Nurse - Adult Bone Marrow Transplant Unit